The Negro Problem (Washington)
|The Negro Problem (1903)
|Collection of essays published in 1903 by J. Pott & Company. Contributors: Chesnutt, Charles W. (Charles Waddell), 1858-1932; Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963; Dunbar, Paul Laurence, 1872-1906; Fortune, Timothy Thomas, 1856-1928; Kealing, H. T. (Hightower Theodore), 1860-1918; Smith, Wilford H.; Washington, Booker T., 1856-1915.|
- I Industrial Education for the Negro by Booker T. Washington
- II The Talented Tenth by W.E. Burghardt DuBois
- III The Disfranchisement of the Negro by Charles W. Chesnutt
- IV The Negro and the Law by Wilford H. Smith
- V The Characteristics of the Negro People by H.T. Kealing
- VI Representative American Negroes by Paul Laurence Dunbar
- VII The Negro's Place in American Life at the Present Day by T. Thomas Fortune
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1915, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.