The New Student's Reference Work/Brotherhood of St. Andrew, The
|←Brotherhood of Andrew and Philip||The New Student's Reference Work (1914)
Brotherhood of St. Andrew, The
|Brougham, Henry, Lord Brougham and Vaux→|
|See also Brotherhood of St. Andrew on Wikipedia, and the disclaimer.|
Brotherhood of St. Andrew, The, is an organization with objects in view similar to those of the Brotherhood of Andrew and Philip, though its operations are confined to men of the Protestant Episcopal Church. The Brotherhood was organized June 12, 1896, and has 1,200 active chapters, with a membership of about 14,000 men. It also includes a junior department to train young men and older boys for Christian work. The latter has 400 chapters in the United States, with a membership numbering about 5,000. A similar general organization has been formed in the Scottish Episcopal Church, while chapters of the Brotherhood have also been formed in the Episcopal Church in Australia and in the Canadian Dominion.