The Rise of the Dutch Republic
|The Rise of the Dutch Republic (1856)
|The Rise of the Dutch Republic (1856).|
Table of contents
- Historical Introduction
- Part 1: Philip the Second in the Netherlands. 1555-1559.
- Part 2: Administration of the Duchess Margaret. 1559-1567.
- Chapter 1: Sowing the Wind
- Chapter 2: The Taciturn Against King, Cardinal, and Elector
- Chapter 3: The Holy Inquisition
- Chapter 4: A Mortal Combat and Fatal Triumph
- Chapter 5: The Harvest Ripening
- Chapter 6: Compromise and Moderation
- Chapter 7: The First Whirlwind
- Chapter 8: Prudent Philip
- Chapter 9: Blood Shed and Spared
- Chapter 10: The Prologue Finished
- Part 3: Alva. 1567-1573.
- Chapter 1: The Reign of Terror and the Council of Blood
- Chapter 2: Victims and Champions
- Chapter 3: The Governor's Triumph and the Infante's Doom
- Chapter 4: The Liberator's First Campaign
- Chapter 5: A Tenth Penny and a Model Murder
- Chapter 6: Long Live the Beggars
- Chapter 7: The Liberator Conquered by St. Bartholomew
- Chapter 8: Three Thorough Massacres
- Chapter 9: Tyranny's Tide Begins to Ebb
- Part 4: Administration of the Grand Commander. 1573-1576
- Part 5: Don John of Austria. 1576-1578.
- Part 6: Alexander of Parma. 1578-1584.
This work published before January 1, 1923 is in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago.