The Tragedy of Julius Caesar (unsourced edition)
||The source document of this text is not known.
Please see this document's talk page for details for verification. "Source" means a location at which other users can find a copy of this work. Ideally this will be a scanned copy of the original that can be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons and proofread. If not, it is preferably a URL; if one is not available, please explain on the talk page.
|The Tragedy of Julius Caesar, unsourced edition (1599)
|This edition is probably set from a prompt-book, or a transcript of a prompt-book.|
DRAMATIS PERSONAE (Persons Represented):
- JULIUS CAESAR
- OCTAVIUS CAESAR, Triumvir after his death.
- MARCUS ANTONIUS, Triumvir after his death.
- M. AEMIL. LEPIDUS Triumvir after his death.
- CICERO, PUBLIUS, POPILIUS LENA, Senators.
- MARCUS BRUTUS, Conspirator against Caesar.
- CASSIUS, Conspirator against Caesar.
- CASCA, Conspirator against Caesar.
- TREBONIUS, Conspirator against Caesar.
- LIGARIUS, Conspirator against Caesar.
- DECIUS BRUTUS, Conspirator against Caesar.
- METELLUS CIMBER, Conspirator against Caesar.
- CINNA, Conspirator against Caesar.
- FLAVIUS, tribune
- MARULLUS, tribune
- ARTEMIDORUS, a Sophist of Cnidos.
- A Soothsayer
- CINNA, a poet. Another Poet.
- LUCILIUS, TITINIUS, MESSALA, young CATO, and VOLUMNIUS, Friends to Brutus and Cassius.
VARRO, CLITUS, CLAUDIUS, STRATO, LUCIUS, DARDANIUS, Servants to
- PINDARUS, Servant to Cassius
- The Ghost of Caesar
- Senators, Citizens, Soldiers, Commoners, Messengers, and
CALPURNIA, wife to Caesar
- PORTIA, wife to Brutus
SCENE: Rome, the conspirators' camp near Sardis, and the plains
- of Philippi.
This work was published before January 1, 1923, and is in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago.