The Warlord of Mars
|The Warlord of Mars
|The Warlord of Mars is a Edgar Rice Burroughs science fiction novel, the third of his famous Barsoom series. Buroughs began writing it in June, 1913, going through five working titles; "Yellow Men of Barsoom," "The Fighting Prince of Mars," "Across Savage Mars," "The Prince of Helium," and "The War Lord of Mars." The finished story was first published in All Story Magazine as a four-part serial in the issues for December, 1913-March, 1914. — Excerpted from The Warlord of Mars on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.|
- Chapter I: On the River Iss
- Chapter II: Under the Mountains
- Chapter III: The Temple of the Sun
- Chapter IV: The Secret Tower
- Chapter V: On the Kaolian Road
- Chapter VI: A Hero in Kaol
- Chapter VII: New Allies
- Chapter VIII: Through the Carrion Caves
- Chapter IX: With the Yellow Men
- Chapter X: In Durance
- Chapter XI: The Pity of Plenty
- Chapter XII: "Follow the Rope!"
- Chapter XIII: The Magnet Switch
- Chapter XIV: The Tide of Battle
- Chapter XV: Rewards
- Chapter XVI: The New Ruler
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1950, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 60 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.