USAMGIK Ordinance 29
UNITED STATES ARMY FORCES IN KOREA
Office of the Military Governor
16 November 1945
CREATION OF KOREAN PERSONNEL REVIEW BOARD
- The Korean Personnel Review Board is hereby vreated. The Board will vonsist of seven members, appointed by the civil Administrator. they will serve as such members for susch periods of time as the Civil Administrator directs.
- The Board will function as an investigative agency of the Military Government of Korea and will have the following duties, powers, and jurisdiction :
a. To inquire into pro-japanese or pro-enemy activity of Koreans who hold any office under the Military Government, or who may apply for any such office.
b. To make such inquiry at the direction of the Militraty Governor, on the request fo the Director of any Bureau or Secretary of any Section of the Secretariat of the Military Government, any Procincial Governor, or any Military Governmnet Team Commander, or upon its own iniative.
c. To convene meatings of the Board on the call of the senior officer memver, to hear testimony, to subpcena withnesses, documenta or other ecidence, and to make findings and recommendations to the Military Governor. All Hearings will be conducted in a fair and impartial manner to the end that a full and complete investigation will be made. Testimony will be reduced to writing and signed and sealed by the witnesses. Hearings will be conducted in closed session, and the testimony, acidence, findings and recommendations will be made acailable only to the Military Governor or to such person or persons as the Military Governor may, in each instance, specifically direct.
- This ordinance will become effective upon publication in the Official Gazette
- BY DIRECTION OF THE COMMANDING GENERAL
- UNITED STATES ARMY FORCES IN KOREA
A. V. ARNOLD
Major General, United States Army
Military Governor of Korea.
|This work is in the public domain because, according to Article 7 of the Copyright Act of South Korea, this work is not eligible for copyright. This following works are included: