United Nations Security Council Resolution 244
Adopted unanimously by the Security Council at its 1386th meeting, on 22 December 1967
The Security Council,
Noting the appeals addressed by the Secretary-General to the Governments of Greece, Turkey and Cyprus on 22 November,  24 November  and 3 December  and the report of the Secretary-General of 8 December 1967, 
Noting the replies of the three Governments concerned  to the appeal of the Secretary-General of 3 December in which the Secretary-General proffered his good offices, and their replies  to his previous appeals,
Noting from the said report of the Secretary-General that circumstances continue to require the presence of the United Nations Peace-keeping Force in Cyprus for a further period,
Noting that the Government of Cyprus has agreed that it is necessary to continue the Force beyond 26 December 1967,
1. Reaffirms its resolution 186 (1964) of 4 March 1964 and its subsequent resolutions as well as its expressions of consensus on this question;
2. Extends the stationing in Cyprus of the United Nations Peace-keeping Force established under the Council’s resolution 186 (1964), for a period of three months ending on 26 March 1968;
3. Invites the parties promptly avail themselves of the good offices proffered by the Secretary-General and requests the Secretary-General to report on the results to the Council as appropriate;
4. Calls upon all the parties concerned to continue to show the utmost moderation and restraint and refrain from any act which might aggravate the situation;
5. Urges the parties concerned to undertake a new determined effort to achieve the objectives of the Security Council with a view, as requested in the Council’s consensus of 24 November 1967, to keeping the peace and arriving at a permanent settlement in accordance with Security Council resolution 186 (1964) of 4 March 1964;
6. Decides to remain seized of this question and to reconvene for its further consideration as soon as circumstances and developments so require.
 Ibid., document S/8248/Add.3.
 Ibid., document S/8248/Add.5.
 Ibid., document S/8248/Add.6, para. 1.
 Ibid., document S/8286.
 Ibid., document S/8248/Add.7-9.
 Ibid., document S/8286/Add.6, paras. 3 and 4.
This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".