Adopted unanimously by the Security Council at its 3001st meeting, on 8 August 1991 ()
The Security Council,
Having examined seperately the applications of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and of the Republic of Korea for admission to the United Nations,
1. Recommends to the General Assembly that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea be admitted to membership in the United Nations;
2. Recommends to the General Assembly that the Republic of Korea be admitted to membership in the United Nations.
 Adopted without vote.
||This work is excerpted from an official document of the United Nations. The policy of this organisation is to keep most of its documents in the public domain in order to disseminate "as widely as possible the ideas (contained) in the United Nations Publications".
Pursuant to UN Administrative Instruction ST/AI/189/Add.9/Rev.2 available in English only, these documents are in the public domain worldwide:
- Official records (proceedings of conferences, verbatim and summary records, ...)
- United Nations documents issued with a UN symbol
- Public information material designed primarily to inform the public about United Nations activities (not including public information material that is offered for sale).