I request to run DougBot.
- Purpose: Repetitive text replacements and formatting prior to proofreading (esp. making chapter headings and other page formatting internally consistent.
- Scope is limited to mainspace and pagespace edits within certain works that I'm involved in (in most cases virtually the sole editor), namely:
- Three Books of Occult Philosophy (619 pages)
- Fourth Book of Occult Philosophy (238 pages)
- The Art of Cookery Made Plain and Easy (1774) (444 pages)
- The Complete Confectioner (1800) (395 pages)
- The Husbandman and Housewife (206 pages)
- The Chronicles of England, Scotland and Ireland (2857 pages)
- The Art of Distillation (239 pages)
- The poems of Gaius Valerius Catullus with an English translation (index) (176 pages)
- The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark (I recently discovered that our text may have missing sections or other deficiencies and we have no page scans, I've worked with Inductiveload to get good scans uploaded to commons and will soon begin working with this work; I will change the formatting to accord with the scans)
- Other works as I begin them or as requested but I have no plan for the bot to do project wide jobs (in other words each job will be limited to a single work at most).
- Language: Python
- Framework: PWB
- Mode: Manual/semi-automatic; later the bot may run automated on short runs with review by me afterwards.
- Operation: Intermittent - only operates when I have a job to do