Wikisource:WikiProject Field Notes
Welcome to the Field Notes WikiProject, a collaboration area and group of editors interesting in bringing field notes into Wikisource for transcription, then reusing that data for scientific work. Although this project has been started as an offshoot of the Field Notes of Junius Henderson transcription project, it is our hope that other field notes will be brought into the Wikimedia Commons and Wikisource if we can demonstrate the value of Wikisource in transcribing and archiving such resources.
- To develop an easy-to-follow plan for libraries and museums to make their field notebooks available to Wikisource.
- To encourage Wikisource editors as well as external transcribers new to Wikisource to contribute in perfecting the transcription.
- To develop templates for users interested in annotations to follow in annotating field notebooks to make the data in them available for wider use.
- Field notebooks.
- Although our focus is currently in natural history (biology and paleontology) field notebooks, we realize there are many other kinds of field books (geology, ecology) and lab notebooks (chemistry, physics, etc) out there . Some of the tools developed for these projects may apply to other corpora, but we're interested in hearing what works and what doesn't.
None at the moment. Field notebooks should be categorized under Category:Field notes.
Open tasks 
Please feel free to add yourself here, and to indicate any areas of particular interest.
- Gaurav (talk) 04:12, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
- Ack-thom(talk) 22 Jan 2012 -- interested in paleontology, geology, biology books; text mining; linking data
- Robgur (talk) 3:47, 25 Jan 2012 --- interested in looking under rocks of various sort and exploring the nooks and crannies of biodiversity
- Daniel Mietchen - WiR/OS (talk) 01:43, 21 July 2012 (UTC) -- interested in this project from an open research and citizen science perspective
- Field Notes of Junius Henderson
- The Endeavour Journal of Sir Joseph Banks
- Other works by Author:Joseph Banks.
- A Journal of a Voyage to the South Seas, in His Majesty's Ship, the Endeavour
- Captain Cook's Journal, First Voyage
- Other works by Author:James Cook
- Diary of Miss Kitty May Ellis
- Audubon and His Journals
- A Thousand-Mile Walk To The Gulf
- Index:Notes and Observations on Specimens of Torosaurus at the Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History.pdf
- Index:Firemaking Apparatus in the U.S. National Museum.djvu
Field notes not yet on Wikisource 
With images 
- None as yet
Text only 
- George W. Clinton (1862 - 1878)
- http://www.mobot.org/plantscience/ResBot/Hist/Diary/1DiaryContents.htm (his diary: 1862 to 1866)
- To annotate dated content in field notes (such as diary entries).
- To annotate places in field notes.
- To annotate species spotted or collected by the naturalist keeping the field notes. See Portal:Taxonomy for more discussion about annotating taxonomic terms in Wikisource.