Portal:US Army Lineage and Honors/US 1st Coast Artillery Regiment
< Portal:US Army Lineage and Honors(Redirected from Wikisource:Workspace/US Army Lineage and Honors/US 1st Coast Artillery Regiment)
First US 1st Coast Artillery Regiment
- 1st Battalion activated 1 June 1926 at Fort Randolph, Canal Zone; inactivated 31 July 1926 at Fort Randolph, Canal Zone.
- 1st and 2d Battalions activated 15 April 1932 at Forts Randolph and Sherman, Canal Zone, respectively.
- 3d Battalion activated 15 March 1950 at Fort Randolph, Canal Zone.
- 1st and 2d Battalions inactivated 30 March 1941 at Forts Sherman and Randolph, Canal Zone, respectively; activated 17 April 1942 at Fort Sherman, Canal Zone)
- Regiment broken up 1 November 1944 and its elements reorganized and redesignated as follows:
- Headquarters and Headquarters Battery as Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, US 1st Coast Artillery Group
- Remainder of regiment as the US 1st Coast Artillery Battalion
Second US 1st Coast Artillery Regiment
- US 1st Coast Artillery Battalion reconstituted 21 June 1950 in the Regular Army as the 1st Coast Artillery Regiment to consist of the 1st and 2d Battalions; 1st and 2d Battalions concurrently redesignated as the US 1st Antiaircraft Artillery Battalion and US 54th Antiaircraft Artillery Battalions, respectively.