Yawcob Strauss and Other Poems/Mine Vamily
|←"Ah-Goo!"||Yawcob Strauss and Other Poems by
|Dot Leedle Loweeza.→|
|Yawcob Strauss and Other Poems is a 1910 book by Charles Follen Adams.|
- Dimbled scheeks, mit eyes off plue,
- Mout' like id vas moisd mit dew,
- Und leedle teeth shust peekin' droo-
- Dot's der baby.
- Curly head, und full off glee,
- Browsers all oudt at der knee—
- He vas peen blaying horse, you see—
- Dot's leedle Yawcob.
- Von hundord-seexty in der shade,
- Der oder day vhen she vas veighed-
- She beats me soon, I vas avraid—
- Dot's mine Katrina.
- Barefooted head, und pooty stoudt,
- Mit grooked legs dot vill bend oudt,
- Fond off his bier und sauer-kraut—
- Dot's me himself.
- Von schmall young baby, full off fun,
- Von leedle prite-eyed, roguish son,
- Von frau to greet vhen vork vas done—
- Dot's mine vamily.
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1918, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.