2008 Order Appointing Persons to Remedy Bangkok's Emergency
This translation of a non-English source text has been given the following ratings:
By virtue of Section 7 Paragraph Two and Paragraph Four, and Section 10 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation, BE 2548 (2005) which is a legislation containing certain provisions in connection with the restriction of personal rights and liberties; however, Section 29 incorporating Section 32, Section 33, Section 34, Section 36, Section 38, Section 41, Section 43, Section 45 and Section 63 of the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand prescribed that it can be made by virtue of the legal provisions; the Prime Minister thereby issued an order as follows:
The Commander in Chief of the Royal Thai Army as Deputy Director of the Internal Security Operation shall be Leader of the Chief Officials responsible for the remedy of the State Emergency, the National Police Commander in Chief and the 1st Army Area Commander, Vice Leaders of the Chief Officials responsible for the remedy of the State Emergency. These persons shall have powers to remedy the State of Emergency as provided in the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation, BE 2548 (2005) as follows:
- 1. to direct and command all pertinent administrative agencies and public servants as well as competent authorities in order to execute the provisions of laws;
- 2. to carry out any other functions as provided or entrusted by the Prime Minister.
This Order shall have immediate effect.
Ordered on the 2nd Day of September BE 2551 (2008)
Notes and References
- สำนักงานคณะกรรมการกฤษฎีกา. (2549, 7 กรกฎาคม). พระราชบัญญัติลิขสิทธิ์ พ.ศ. 2537. [ออนไลน์]. เข้าถึงได้จาก: http://www.krisdika.go.th/lawHeadPDF.jsp?formatFile=pdf&hID=0. (เข้าถึงเมื่อ: 4 กันยายน 2551).
- Published in the Government Gazette, vol 125, pt 144 D, special issue, pp 2, dated 2 September BE 2551 (2008)
- General Anupong Paojinda
- Police General Patcharavat Wongsuwan
- Lieutenant General Prayuth Chan-ocha