A glossary of words used in the neighbourhood of Sheffield
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This work is incomplete. If you'd like to help expand it, see the help pages and the style guide, or leave a comment on this work's talk page.
This OCR text has been imported without a page scan and contains errors and page headers. You can help by finding and uploading a page scan, or correcting the errors.
Table of Contents.
NB The reader who consults this Glossary should not omit the Addenda and Errata.
- Area comprised in the Glossary
- Dialectal Work previously done by others, and the Author's mode of compilation
- Books written in the Dialect
- Folk-lore, Customs, etc.
- The Geographical or Ethnological Position of Sheffield as regards Dialect
- The Author of the Catholicon Anglicum
- Local Names
- The place where 'Robin Hood' was born
- Books cited
- List of Abbreviations
- Addenda and Errata
- List of Commons in the Manor of Sheffield in 1637