A glossary of words used in the neighbourhood of Sheffield
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This work is incomplete. If you'd like to help expand it, see the help pages and the style guide, or leave a comment on this work's talk page.|
|This OCR text has been imported without a page scan and contains errors and page headers. You can help by finding and uploading a page scan, or correcting the errors.|
Table of Contents.
NB The reader who consults this Glossary should not omit the Addenda and Errata.
- Area comprised in the Glossary
- Dialectal Work previously done by others, and the Author's mode of compilation
- Books written in the Dialect
- Folk-lore, Customs, etc.
- The Geographical or Ethnological Position of Sheffield as regards Dialect
- The Author of the Catholicon Anglicum
- Local Names
- The place where 'Robin Hood' was born
- Books cited
- List of Abbreviations
- Addenda and Errata
- List of Commons in the Manor of Sheffield in 1637