Jump to navigation Jump to search
Undisputed works of Plato
- Lesser Hippias
Works whose authenticity is debated
Spurious works variously included in other collections
- The Works of Plato Abrig'd translated from the French of Anne Dacier by Unknown (1701)
- Works of Plato his first fifty-five dialogues translated from the Greek by Floyer Sydenham and Thomas Taylor in Five Volumes. (1804)
- The works of Plato; a new literal version, chiefly from the text of Stallbaum translated into English by Henry Cary (Vol. 1), Henry Davis (Vol. 2) and George Burges (Vol. 3-6) (1850-54).
- The Platonic Dialogues for English Readers translated into English by William Whewell, in Three Volumes, of which the 1st had two editions published (1859-61).
- The Dialogues of Plato translated into English with Analyses and Introductions by B. Jowett, M.A. in Five Volumes. 3rd edition revised and corrected (Oxford University Press, 1892)
Works about Plato
- "Socrates, Plato and the Roman Stoics", by Charles Pomeroy Parker, in The Harvard Classics Vol. 51 (1914)
- "Plato", in Imperial Dictionary of Universal Biography, Volume 3, (1876)
- "Book III Plato," by Diogenes Laërtius, trans. Robert Drew Hicks, in Lives of the Eminent Philosophers (1925)