(Redirected from Author:Aelfric)
|←Author Index: Ae||Ælfric
(c. 950 – c. 1010)
|hagiography, homilies, biblical commentaries, and other genres; also known variously as Ælfric Grammaticus, Ælfric of Cerne and Ælfric the Homilist.Ælfric of Eynsham (the Grammarian); English abbot, as well as a prolific writer in Old English of|
- The Sermones Catholici, or Homilies of Ælfric
- Ælfric's Lives of Saints
- Ælfric's Colloquy
- Ælfric's Genesis
Works about Ælfric
- “Ælfric,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Ælfric”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Aelfric, Abbot of Eynsham,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- “Ælfric (fl.1006),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.