Author:Charles Synge Christopher Bowen
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- contributed to Men of the Time 12th ed.
He is credited with coining the phrase "the man on the Clapham omnibus", which was quoted by Sir Richard Henn Collins MR many years after his death in the case of McQuire v. Western Morning News ( 2 KB 100).
- Harben v Phillips (1883) 23 Ch D 14
- Hutton v West Cork Railway (1883) 23 Ch D 654
- Abrath v North Eastern Railway 7 QBD 440
- Thomas v Quartermaine 18 QBD 685
- Edgington v Fitzmaurice (1885) 29 Ch D 459, "the state of a man's mind is as much a fact as the state of his digestion", securities-fraud case dealing with false statements of intention
- Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company  EWCA Civ 1
- Vagliano v Bank of England 23 QBD 243, prepared the majority judgment of the court, held wrong in conclusion by the majority of the House of Lords
- Mogul Steamship Company v McGregor (1889) 23 QBD 598
- Angus v Dalton 6 App Cas 740
Works about Bowen