Author:Charles Wentworth Dilke
|←Author Index: Di||Sir Charles Wentworth Dilke
writer and politician. Inherited ownership of The Athenaeum, Notes and Queries, Gardeners' Chronicle and Agricultural Gazette
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "C. W. D."
- Greater Britain: a record of travel in English-speaking countries during 1866 and 1867 (1868) (External scan)
- Speeches, March, 1871, to March, 1872 [v. 2: 1872-1873] (1872) (External scan)
- The fall of Prince Florestan of Monaco (1874) (External scan)
- Problems of Greater Britain (1890) in 2 vols. (v.1 External scan) (v.2 External scan)
- Imperial Defence (1892)
- The origin of the war of 1870 (1896) (External scan)
- The British empire (1899) (External scan)
- Greater Britain : a record of travel in English-speaking countries, with additional chapters on English influence in Japan and China, and on Hong Kong and the Straits Settlements (1907) (External scan)
- Industrial Remuneration Conference, The report of the proceedings and papers read in Prince's Hall, Piccadilly, under the presidency of the Right Hon. Sir Charles W. Dilke (1885) (External scan)
- Papers of a Critic
- The Papers of a Critic (1875) in 2 vols. (v.1 External scan) (v.2 External scan)
- The book of the spiritual life. With a memoir of the author by Charles W. Dilke (1905) (External scan)
Works about Dilke
- “Dilke, Charles Wentworth,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Dilke, Charles Wentworth,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.