Author:Courtenay Peregrine Ilbert
|←Author Index: Il||Sir Courtenay Peregrine Ilbert
K.C.B., K.C.S.I., C.I.E.; British administrator in India and legal writer; Clerk of the House of Commons. Chairman of Statute Law Committee. Parliamentary Counsel to the Treasury, 1899–1901. Legal Member of Council of Governor-General of India, 1882–1886; President 1886. Fellow of the British Academy. Author of The Government of India; Legislative Method and Forms
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "C. P. I."
- The Government of India
- Legislative Methods and Forms
- The Mechanics of Law Making
- Montesquieu (1904)
- The New Constitution of India
- “Evidence”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Gully, William Court,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
- “Thring, Henry,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
Works about Ilbert
- “Ilbert, Sir Courtenay Peregrine,” in The Indian Biographical Dictionary by C. Hayavadana Rao, Madras: Pillar & Co. (1915).