Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A Short Treatise on the Game of Whist, 1742
- A Short Treatise on the Game of Backgammon, 1743
- An Artificial Memory for Whist, 1744
- A Short Treatise on the Game of Piquet, 1744
- An Essay Towards Making the Game of Chess Easily Learned, 1744
- A Short Treatise on the Game of Quadrille, 1745
- Mr. Hoyle's Treatises of Whist, Quadrille, Piquet, Chess and Back-Gammon, 1748
- A Short Treatise on the Game of Brag, 1751
- An Essay Towards Making the Doctrine of Chances Easy to Those Who Understand Vulgar Arithmetick Only, 1754
Works about Hoyle
- "Hoyle, Edmund," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Hoyle, Edmond," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Hoyle, Edmond," in The Nuttall Encyclopædia, (ed.) by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd. (1907)
- Hoyle's Games Modernized, 1909, by Louis Hoffmann
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.