Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Be||Edward Belcher
|Kt; British naval officer and explorer; admiral|
- Treatise on Nautical Surveying (1835)
- Narrative of a Voyage round the World performed in H.M.S. Sulphur, 1836-1842, Volume I (transcription project) (1843)
- Narrative of a Voyage round the World performed in H.M.S. Sulphur, 1836-1842, Volume II (transcription project) (1843)
- Narrative of the Voyage of H.M.S. Samarang during 1843-1846 (1848)
- The Zoology of the voyage was separately dealt with by some of his colleagues, 1850
Works about Belcher
- "Belcher, Edward," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Belcher, Edward,” in A Naval Biographical Dictionary by William Richard O'Byrne, London, England: J Murray (1849).
- "Belcher, Edward," in Royal Naval Biography, by John Marshall, London: John Marshall (1823–35)
- "Belcher, Sir Edward," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)