Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Sa||Edward Sabine
|Irish astronomer, geophysicist, ornithologist and explorer|
- Meteorological Essays and Observations, 1823 (contributor) external scan
- Report on the variations of the magnetic intensity observed at different points of the Earth's surface, 1838 external scan
- Report on the Magnetic Isoclinal and Isodynamic Lines in the British Islands, 1839 external scan
- Narrative of an Expedition to the Polar Sea in the Years 1820, 1821, 1822 and 1823 Published 1842 (editor) external scan
- Cosmos by Alexander von Humboldt, 1851 (superintendent to his wife Elizabeth Sabine - translator) external scan
- Meteorological Essays, 1855 (contributor) external scan
- Letters of Colonel Sir Augustus Simon Frazer, K. C. B., 1859 (editor) external scan
Works about Sabine
- "Sketch of General Sir Edward Sabine" in Popular Science Monthly, 2 (December 1872)
- "Sabine, General Sir Edward," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Sabine, Edward," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Sabine, Sir Edward," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)