Author:Francis Charles Hingeston-Randolph
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Hi||Francis Charles Hingeston-Randolph
|English cleric; Rector of Ringmore, Prebendary of Exeter, and Dean Rural; born Francis Charles Hingston, son of Francis Hingston (1796–1841), controller of customs at Truro; married Martha Jane (d. 1904), only daughter of Herbert Randolph, minister of Melrose, Roxburghshire. Began editing the Episcopal Registers of the diocese. Between 1886 and 1909 he completed those of eight late medieval bishops. Contributed to Devon and Cornwall Notes and Queries, Notes and Gleanings, the Western Antiquary, and the Journal of the Royal Institution of Cornwall |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "F. C. H.-R."
- Specimens of Ancient Cornish Crosses and Fonts (1850)
- The registers of Walter Bronescombe (A.D. 1257-1280), and Peter Quivil (A.D 1280-1291), Bishops of Exeter (1889) (external scan)
- The Register of Walter de Stapeldon, Bishop of Exeter, (A.D. 1307-1326) (external scan)
- The Chronicle of England (1858)
- Liber de illustribus Henricis (1858)
Works about Hingeston-Randolph