Author:Fridtjof Wedel-Jarlsberg Nansen
(Redirected from Author:Fridtjof Nansen)
|←Author Index: Na||Fridtjof Wedel-Jarlsberg Nansen
Norwegian explorer, scientist and diplomat. Nansen was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1922 for his work as a League of Nations High Commissioner
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "F. N."
- Armenia and the Near East (1928)
- Farthest North (first English edition 1897) (External scan)
- Adventure, and Other Papers
- The First Crossing of Greenland (1892) (External scan)
- Eskimo Life (1893)
- reviewed on November 19, 1893, in the New York Times: Nansen's Study of Eskimo Life
- In Northern Mists: Arctic Exploration in Early Times (1911) (scans External scan)
- Through The Caucasus To The Volga (1931) (External scan)
- Norway And The Union With Sweden (1905) (External scan)
- Northern Waters: Captain Roald Amundsen's Oceanographic Observations in the Arctic Seas in 1901 (1904) (External scan)
- Edited and contributed to The Norwegian North Polar Expedition 1893-1896: Scientific Results (1904)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works about Nansen
- Berens, S.L., Fridtjof Nansen in the Frozen World: The Fram Expedition.
- "Nansen", a poem by Florence Earle Coates.