Author:Henry James Sumner Maine
|←Author Index: Ma||Sir Henry James Sumner Maine
|English comparative jurist and historian.|
- Roman Law and Legal Education (1856)
- Ancient Law (1861)
- The early history of the property of married women (c. 1873)
Works about Maine
- “Maine, Henry James Sumner,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Maine, Sir Henry James Sumner,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Maine, Sir Henry James Sumner,” by Frederick Pollock in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Maine, Henry James Sumner,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.