Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Th||Henry Thompson
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "H. Th."
- The pathology and treatment of stricture of the urethra, both in the male and female (1854)
- The enlarged prostate: its pathology and treatment with observations on the relation of this complaint to stone in the bladder (1858)
- Practical lithotomy and lithotrity (1863)
- Clinical lectures on diseases of the urinary organs (1868)
- Tumour of the bladder: their nature, symptoms and surgical treatment
- The preventive treatment of calculous disease and the use of solvent remedies (1873)
- Cremation: the treatment of the body after death (1874)
- Food and feeding (1879)
- Diet in relation to age and activity (1886)
- On the suprapubic operation of opening the bladder for the stone and for tumours (1886)
- Introduction to the catalogue of the collection of calculi of the bladder (1893)
- Moderate drinking (1877), one of a series of lectures contained therein.
- Introduction to Diet in sickness and in health (1895) by Mrs Ernest Hart
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- "Disposal of the Dead" in Popular Science Monthly, 4 (March 1874)
- "Food and Feeding I" in Popular Science Monthly, 15 (July 1879)
- "Food and Feeding II" in Popular Science Monthly, 15 (August 1879)
- "Food and Feeding III" in Popular Science Monthly, 15 (September 1879)
- "Diet in Relation to Age and Activity I" in Popular Science Monthly, 27 (July 1885)
- "Diet in Relation to Age and Activity II" in Popular Science Monthly, 27 (August 1885)
Novels, under the psudonym Pen Oliver
- Charley Kingston's Aunt (1885)
- All But: a chronicle of Laxenford life (1886)
Works about Thompson
- "Thompson, Henry," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1912) in 3 vols.
- "Thompson, Sir Henry," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)