Author:Isidore Auguste Marie François Xavier Comte
|←Author Index: Co||Isidore Auguste Marie François Xavier Comte
|French philosopher, a founder of the discipline of sociology and of the doctrine of positivism. He may be regarded as the first philosopher of science in the modern sense of the term.|
- A General View of Positivism, translated into English by John Henry Bridges
- The Catechism of Positive Religion
- System of positive polity, (1852).
- The Philosophy of Mathematics, from the Cours de Philosophie Positive, translated into English by W. M. Gillespie.
Works about Comte
- “Comte, Auguste”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- The Unity of Comte's Life and Doctrine: A Reply to Strictures on Comte's Later Writings Addresses to J. S. Mill (1866) by J. H. Bridges Google Book
- Book 7 "B. Auguste Comte (1798–1857)" in A Brief History of Modern Philosophy (1912) by Harald Høffding