Author:James Douglas (1753-1819)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:James Douglas.
|←Author Index: Do||James Douglas
|English cleric, antiquarian and artist|
- Travelling Anecdotes, through various parts of Europe (1782)
- A Dissertation on the Antiquity of the Earth (1785)
- Two Dissertations on the Brass Instruments called Celts, and other Arms used by the Antients, found in this Island (1785)
- Nenia Britannica, or a Sepulchral History of Great Britain, from the earliest period to its general conversion to Christianity (1793)
- "On the Urbs Rutupiæ of Ptolemy, and the Limden-pic of the Saxons" in Bibliotheca Topographica Britannica, volume 1 (1787)
- Discourses on the Influence of the Christian Religion on Civil Society (1792)
- A General Essay on Military Tactics; with an introductory Discourse by Jacques Antoine Hippolyte de Guibert (1781)
Works about Douglas
- "Douglas, James (1753-1819)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.