Author:James Emerson Tennent
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Te||James Emerson Tennant
|Lawyer and politician|
- Contributor to the Imperial Dictionary of Universal Biography
- A frequent correspondent of Notes and Queries.
- Picture of Greece (1826)
- Letters from the Ægean (1829)
- History of Modern Greece (1830)
- Belgium in 1840 (1841)
- Christianity in Ceylon (1850)
- Ceylon, Physical, Historical, and Topographical (1859), in 2 vols.
- Wine, its Duties and Taxation (1865)
Works about Tennent
- “Tennent, Sir James Emerson” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1888).
- "Tennent, James Emerson," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Tennent, Sir James Emerson," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)