Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Hu||James Hutton
- 1785. Abstract of a dissertation read in the Royal Society of Edinburgh, upon the seventh of March, and fourth of April, MDCCLXXXV, Concerning the System of the Earth, Its Duration, and Stability. Edinburgh. 30pp. PDF
- 1788.The theory of rain. Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, vol. 1, Part 2, pp. 41–86.
- 1788. Theory of the Earth; or an investigation of the laws observable in the composition, dissolution, and restoration of land upon the Globe. Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, vol. 1, Part 2, pp. 209–304. (IA)
- 1792. Dissertations on different subjects in natural philosophy. Edinburgh & London: Strahan & Cadell. Google Books
- 1794. Observations on granite. Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, vol. 3, pp. 77–81.
- 1794. A dissertation upon the philosophy of light, heat, and fire. Edinburgh: Cadell, Junior, Davies.] at doi:[https://doi.org/10.3931%2Fe-rara-16958 10.3931/e-rara-16958
- 1794. An investigation of the principles of knowledge and of the progress of reason, from sense to science and philosophy. Edinburgh: Strahan & Cadell. at University of Virginia Library
- 1795. Theory of the Earth; with proofs and illustrations. Edinburgh: Creech. 3 vols. 
- 1797. Elements of Agriculture. Unpublished manuscript.
- 1899. Theory of the Earth; with proofs and illustrations, vol III, Edited by Sir Archibald Geikie. Geological Society, Burlington House, London.(IA)
Works about Hutton