|←Author Index: Fr||John Franklin
|Maritime explorer, Arctic explorer, Governor of Tasmania|
- Franklin, John (1823–1824), Narrative of a journey to the shores of the Polar Sea, in the years 1819-20-21-22 (two volumes).
- Franklin, John (1828), Narrative of a second expedition to the shores of the Polar Sea in the years 1825 to 1827.
Works about Franklin
- Osborn, S. (1860), Career, Last Voyage and Fate of Sir John Franklin
- Beesley, A. H. (1881), Sir John Franklin; the Narrative of his Life.
- “Franklin, John,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- Smith, G. B. (1895), Sir John Franklin and the Romance of the North-West Passage.
- Buley, E. C. (1909), Into the Polar Seas; The Story of Sir J. Franklin, etc..
- Beechey, F. W. (1818), Voyage of Discovery toward the North Pole in H.M. Ships Dorothea and Trent.
- O'Byrne, W.R. (1849), 'Franklin, John', in: A Naval Biographical Dictionary, p. 377/8.
- King, R. (1855), The Franklin Expedition from First to Last.
- Huish, R. (1855), Recent Expeditions to the Polar Regions, including all the Voyages in search of Sir J. Franklin.
- Kane, E. K. (1856), Arctic Explorations, the Second Grinnell Expedition in search of Sir John Franklin.
- MacClintock (1908), The Voyage of the Fox in the Arctic Seas: A narrative of the discovery of the fate of Sir John Franklin, 1859, 1861, 1869.
- Leslie, J. (1860), Discovery and Adventure in the Polar Seas, with a Narrative of the Recent Expeditions in search of Sir John Franklin, 1860.
- Brown, J. A. (1860), The North-West Passage, and the Fate of Sir John Franklin.
- Young, Allen M. (1875), The Search for Sir John Franklin, etc..
- Skewes, J. H. (1889), The True Secret of the Discovery of the Fate of Sir John Franklin.