Author:John Merle Coulter
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Co||John Merle Coulter
|American botanist, founder of the Botanical Gazette|
- Editor, Botanical Gazette, from its foundation, 1875-.
- Botanical Editor, Proceedings of the National Academy, 1915-.
- Botanical Editor, New International Encyclopedia, 1913-.
- Joint Editor of Heredity and Eugenics. Chicago: University Press, 1912.
- On Editorial Committee of the "University of Chicago Science Series," 1914-.
- Synopsis of the Flora of Colorado (with Thomas Porter and Ferdinand Vandeveer Hayden), 1874.
- Handbook of plant dissection. With by Joseph Charles Arthur, 1850-1942; Charles Reid Barnes, 1858-1910 (1886)
- Revision of North American Umbelliferae. With Joseph Nelson Rose, 1862-1928, (1888)
- Manual of Rocky Mountain Botany, 1888, revised, 1909.
- Botany of western Texas. A manual of the phanerograms and pteriodophytes of western Texas, 1891.
- Manual of Texan Botany, 1892-1893.
- Plant Relations, 1899, third revision, 1910.
- Plant Structures, 1899, second edition, 1904.
- An analytical key to some of the common, wild and cultivated species of flowering plants, 1900
- Morphology of Spermatophytes, 1901.
- Plant Studies, 1900, second revision 1904.
- Morphology of Angiosperms, (with C. J. Chamberlain), 1903.
- A Textbook of Botany, 1906.
- Practical nature study and elementary agriculture; a manual for the use of teachers and normal students, 1909.
- New manual of botany of the Central Rocky Mountains, 1909
- A Text-Book of Botany for Colleges and Universities, two volumes, 1910-1911.
- Morphology of Gymnosperms (with C. J. Chamberlain), 1910.
- Practical science, (short work) 1913
- Plants in General, 1913.
- Plants in Cultivation, 1913.
- Elementary Studies in Botany, 1913
- Fundamentals of Plant-Breeding, 1914.
- The Evolution of Sex in Plants, 1914.
- Evolution, Heredity, and Eugenics. "School Science Series," No. 5, 1916.
- Plant genetics, 1918
- Nature and Development of Plants, 1918
- "Pollen-spores of Tradescantia Virginica" (with J. N. Rose), Botanical Gazette, Vol. 11 (1886).
- "The Embryogeny of Zamia" (with C. J. Chamberlain), Botanical Gazette, Vol. 35 (1903).
- "Regeneration of Zamia" (with C. J. Chamberlain), Botanical Gazette, Vol. 38 (1904).
- "Botany as a Factor in Education", School Review, Vol. 12 (1904).
- "The Contribution of Germany to Higher Education," University Record, Vol. 13 (1904).
- "Development of Morphological Conceptions," Science, Vol. 20 (1904).
- "The Influence of a Teacher's Research Work upon His Teaching of Biology in Secondary Schools," Science and Mathematics, Vol. 5 (1905).
- "Gametophytes and Embryo of Torreya" (with W. J. G. Land), Botanical Gazette, Vol. 39 (1905).
- "Principles of Nature Study," Nature-Study Review, Vol. 1 (1905).
- "Public Interest in Research," Popular Science Monthly, Vol. 67 (1905).
- "Charles Darwin," Chautauquan, Vol. 45 (1906).
- "The Scientific Spirit," Educational Bi-Monthly, Vol. 1 (1907).
Articles for The New International Encyclopædia
- Gilbert Van Ingen.) (With
- (In part.)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Articles for The New Student's Reference Work
Works about Coulter