Author:Joseph Beete Jukes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ju||Joseph Beete Jukes
|geologist, author of several geological manuals and served as a naturalist on the expeditions of HMS Fly (under the command of Francis Price Blackwood)|
- Excursions in and about Newfoundland (2 vols, 1842)
- Narrative of the Surveying Voyage of H. M. S. Fly (2 vols, 1847)
- A Sketch of the Physical Structure of Australia (1850)
- Popular Physical Geology (1853)
- Student's Manual of Geology (1857; 2nd ed. 1862) a later edition was revised by A Geikie, 1872)
- the article "Geology" in the Ency. Brit. 8th ed. (1858)
- The South Staffordshire Coalfield (1859)
- School Manual of Geology (1863)
- "Notes on Palaeozoic formations of New South Wales, and Van Diemen's Land," Journal of Geological Society, 1847, pp. 241-249."
Works about Jukes
- "Jukes, Joseph Beete," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.