Author:Richard Bowdler Sharpe
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Sh||Richard Bowdler Sharpe
|19th century English zoologist|
- Catalogue of the Accipitres, or diurnal birds of prey, in the collection of the British Museum (1874)
- Catalogue of the Striges, or nocturnal birds of prey, in the collection of the British museum (1875)
- The Birds of South Africa, by (external scan) (first ed. 1867), 2nd ed. 1875 revised by Bowdler Sharpe.
- Catalogue of the Passeriformes, or perching birds, in the collection of the British museum (1877)
- A monograph of the Hirundinidae (1894)
- A Monograph of The Alcedinidae, or Family of Kingfishers (1868–1871)
- An Analytical Index to the Works of the Late John Gould (1893)
- Catalogue of the Picariae in the collection of the British museum (1892)
- Catalogue of the Fulicariae … and Alectorides … in the collection of the British museum (1894)
- Catalogue of the Limicolae in the collection of the British museum (1896)
- Catalogue of the Plataleae, Herodiones, Steganopodes, Pygopodes, Alcae, and Impennes in the collection of the British museum (1898)
- Sketch Book of British Birds. (1898) (external scan)
- "Descriptions of Two new Species of African Birds", 1871, Ibis. 1(1): 100–102. BHL; Q90406255
- "Notes on a collection of birds made by Mr. John Whitehead on the Mountain of Kina Balu, in Northern Borneo, with descriptions of new species", 1887, Ibis (5)5: 435–454.
Works about Sharpe
- "Sharpe, Richard Bowdler," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1912) in 3 vols.