- Agricola (ca. 98)
- Germania (ca. 98)
- Dialogue on Orators (ca. 102)
- The Histories (ca. 105)
- The Histories, based on the translation of Alfred John Church and William Jackson Brodribb (1876)
- Tacitus, The Histories, translated by William Hamilton Fyfe (1912), Vol. 1: , Vol. 2:
- The History of Tacitus, translated by Murphy (1793) IA, rev. (1854) IA
- The Histories, translated by Moore (1925, 1931)
- The Histories of Tacitus, translated by Ramsay (1915) IA
- Annals (ca. 117)
Works about Tacitus
- “Tacitus, C. Cornelius”, by George Long in Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology, 1870.
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.
Public domainPublic domainfalse