Author:Thomas Livingstone Mitchell
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Mi||Thomas Livingstone Mitchell
|Surveyor-general of New South Wales, explorer of Australia|
- Three Expeditions Into the Interior of Eastern Australia (1838).
- Journal of an Expedition into the Interior of Tropical Australia (1848). external scan
- The Australian Geography (1850).
- (tr.) The Lusiad, by Luís de Camões (1854). external scan
- Alleged author of To Bourke's Statue this Appropriate Effusion of Unprofitable Brass is Unceremoniously Dedicated, by Ichneumon, Anxious to Instruct his Grandmothers in the Inductive Science of Sucking Eggs (1855)
- Battlefields of the Peninsula
- The Comedies of Aristophanes (1820–1822)
Works about Mitchell
- "Mitchell, Sir Thomas Livingstone," in The Dictionary of Australasian Biography, by Philip Mennell, London: Hutchinson & Co. (1892)
- "Mitchell, Thomas Livingstone," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.