Author:Thomas Scott (1747-1821)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:Thomas Scott.
|←Author Index: Sc||Thomas Scott
|British preacher and biblical commentator|
- The force of truth: an authentic narrative (1770)
- The Holy Bible, containing the Old and New Testaments: with original notes, practical observation, and copious marginal references (1788-92), in 5 vols.
- The rights of God (1793)
- A vindication of the Divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, and of the doctrines contained in them: being an answer to the two parts of Mr. T. Paine's Age of reason (1797)
- Theological works: published at different times, and now collected into volumes (1810), in 3 vols.
- (tr.) The Articles of the Synod of Dort (1818);
- Essays on the most important subjects in religion (1806) 
- Letters and Papers of the late Rev. Thomas Scott D.D., with occasional observations (1824), edited by John Scott (1777-1834)
Works about Scott
- The life of the Rev. Thomas Scott, Rector of Aston Sandford, Bucks; including a narrative drawn up by himself, and copious extracts of his letters (1822), by John Scott (1777-1834) 
- "Scott, Thomas (1747-1821)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- "Scott, Thomas (1747-1821)," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)