Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Vi||Publius Vergilius Maro
(70 BCE – 19 BCE)
|Latin poet of non-Roman Italian ancestry|
- Eclogues (Eclogae), also called Bucolics (Bucolica)
- Georgics (Georgicon)
- Aeneid (Aeneis)
- The Works of Virgil, literally translated into English prose with notes, translated by , revised by .
Works about Virgil
- “P. Virgilius”, by George Long in Dictionary of Greek and Roman Biography and Mythology, 1870.
- “Virgil,” in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- “To Virgil,” by Alfred Tennyson in Littell's Living Age, 155 (1998) (1882)