Author:William Isaac Thomas
- 1903 (as editor): Minnesota stories: A collection of twenty stories of college life. Collected and arranged by Charles F[lint] McClumpha and W.I. Thomas. Minneapolis, Minn.: Wilson.
- 1903: The relation of the medicine-man to the origin of the professional occupations. Chicago, Ill.: University of Chicago Press.
- 1907: Sex and society: Studies in the social psychology of sex. Chicago, Ill., London: University of Chicago Press / Unwin.
- 1909: (as editor): Source book for social origins. Ethnological materials, psychological standpoint, classified and annotated bibliographies for the interpretation of savage society. Chicago, Ill., London: University of Chicago Press / Unwin 1909.
- 1917: (with Herbert S. Jennings, John B. Watson, and Adolf Meyer): Suggestions of modern science concerning education. New York, N.Y.: Macmillan (includes Thomas's essay "The persistence of primary-group norms in present-day society: Their influence in our educational system").
- 1918-1920 (with Florian W. Znaniecki): The Polish peasant in Europe and America. Monograph of an immigrant group.
- 1918: Volume 1: Primary-group organization. Chicago, Ill.: University of Chicago Press.
- 1918: Volume 2: Primary-group organization. Chicago, Ill.: University of Chicago Press.
- 1919: Volume 3: Life record of an immigrant. Boston, Mass.: Badger.
- 1920: Volume 4: Disorganization and reorganization in Poland. Boston, Mass.: Badger.
- 1920: Volume 5: Organization and disorganization in America. Boston, Mass.: Badger.
- 1921 (with Robert E. Park and Herbert A. Miller as main authors): Old world traits transplanted. New York, London: Harper.
- 1923: The unadjusted girl. With cases and standpoint for behavior analysis. Boston, Mass.: Little, Brown 1923 (= Criminal science monograph 4.)
- 1928: (with Dorothy Swaine Thomas): The child in America: Behavior problems and programs. New York: Knopf.
- 1937: Primitive behavior: An introduction to the social sciences. New York, London: McGraw-Hill
- 1951 (edited by Edmund H. Volkart): Social behavior and personality. Contributions of W.I. Thomas to theory and social research. New York: Social Science Research Council 1951.
- 1966: (edited by Morris Janowitz): W.I. Thomas on social organization and social personality. Selected papers. Edited and with an introduction by Morris Janowitz. Chicago, Ill., London: University of Chicago Press 1966
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1928.
This author died in 1947, so works by this author are in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 75 years or less. These works may be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.
Public domainPublic domainfalse