Author:William Lutley Sclater
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Flora and Fauna of South Africa
- 1900: The mammals of South-Africa. Vol. 1: Primates, Carnivora and Ungulata. London : Porter.
- 1901: The mammals of South-Africa. Vol. 2: Rodentia, Chiroptera, Insectivora, Cetacea and Edentata. London : Porter.
- 1900-1906: The Birds of South Africa—four-volume series, begun by Dr Arthur C. Stark:
- vol. 1 (1900). Passerines I. London : R.H. Porter
- vol. 2 (1901). Passerines II. London : R.H. Porter
- vol. 3 (1903). Picarians, Parrots, Owls and Hawks. London : R.H. Porter
- vol. 4 (1906): Game-birds, Shore-birds and Sea-birds. London : R.H. Porter
- Sclater, W.L. (1902). "Some account of the Ground Hornbill or Brom-vogel (Bucorax cafer)". The Zoologist. 4th series, vol 6 (1902) (issue 728, February): 49–52.
- Birds of Africa (five-volumes; begun by Captain George Shelley)
- The Birds of Kenya Colony and the Uganda Protectorate (begun by Sir Frederick John Jackson)
- Systema Avium Aethiopicarum (1924 - 1930)
- A History of the Birds of Colorado (two volumes, 1912)
- editor of Ibis (1913—1930)
- editor of the Zoological Record (1921–1937)
Works about Sclater
Reviews of Sclater's works
- review of Sclater 1900 in The Zoologist, 4th series, vol. 5, issue 716 (February, 1901), p. 77/79
- review of Sclater 1901 (Mammals 2) in The Zoologist, 4th series, vol. 5, issue 720 (June, 1901), p. 234
- review of Stark/Sclater 1901 (Birds 2) in The Zoologist, 4th series, vol. 6, issue 727 (January, 1902), p. 35–36
- review of Stark/Sclater 1901 (Birds 2) in The Auk,vol. 19, no. 1 (1902), p. 106–107