Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: St||William Stubbs
|English historian and Bishop of Chester and of Oxford |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of Christian Biography and Literature to the End of the Sixth Century A.D. (DCBL)
Articles attributed to this author are designated in DCBL by the initials "W.S."
- Seventeen lectures on the study of medieval and modern history and kindred subjects (1886) (transcription project)
- The Constitutional History Of England (external scan)
- Councils and ecclesiastical documents relating to Great Britain and Ireland (1869) with Arthur West Haddan (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2, 3)
Works about Stubbs
- "Stubbs, William," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- “Stubbs, William,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.