Author:William Wilson Hunter
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Hu||William Wilson Hunter
|British statistician, historian, and Vice-President of Royal Asiatic Society|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. W. H."
- Rulers of India series, general editor. Wrote two volumes of the series:
- “Delhi” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1875–1889).
- "India," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911) (History (in part) and Geography and Statistics (in part))
- A Brief history of the Indian peoples (1893) (external scan) (transcription project)
- History of India
- Annals of Rural Bengal (1872): Vol 1 (transcription project), Vol 2 (Orissa Vol 1) (transcription project), Vol 3 (Orissa Vol 2) (transcription project)
- The Imperial Gazetteer of India (2nd edition) (1885) - 14 volumes
- The Indian Musalmans (1876) (transcription project)
- A Dictionary of Non-Aryan Languages of India and High Asia
- Essays on the External Policy of India
- A Statistical Account of Bengal (20 vols.)
- A Statistical Account of Assam (2 vols.)
Works about Hunter
- "Hunter, William Wilson," in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.