Easton's Bible Dictionary (1897)/Eber
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Eber - beyond.
- The third post-diluvian patriarch after Shem (Gen. 10:24; 11:14). He is regarded as the founder of the Hebrew race (10:21; Num. 24:24). In Luke 3:35 he is called Heber.
- One of the seven heads of the families of the Gadites (1 Chr. 5:13).
- The oldest of the three sons of Elpaal the Benjamite (8:12).
- One of the heads of the familes of Benjamites in Jerusalem (22).
- The head of the priestly family of Amok in the time of Zerubbabel (Neh. 12:20).