Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition/Talavera de la Reina
TALAVERA de la Reina, a town of Spain, in the province of Toledo, is situated on the right bank of the Tagus, and on the railway from Madrid to Caceres, some 40 miles below Toledo and 64 miles south-east from Madrid. It was formerly surrounded by a triple circumvallation, portions of which still remain. It has no buildings of special interest, and its commerce and manufactures are inconsiderable. The population within the municipal limits in 1877 was 10,029.