Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition/Frankenstein
Jump to navigation Jump to search
FRANKENSTEIN, a town in the Prussian province of Silesia, government of Breslau, is situated 35 miles S. by W. of the town of that name. It has a monastery of the charity friars, a garrison, and an old castle. The principal manufactures are linen, woollen, and cotton goods, straw hats, chemical substances, and salt. Population in 1875, 7492.