Executive Order 9075
Jump to navigation Jump to search
By virtue of the authority vested in me as President of the United States, and as Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, it is ordered as follows:
- The Secretary of War is hereby authorized and directed to issue a citation in the name of the President of the United States, as public evidence of deserved honor and distinction, to any organization, unit, detachment, or installation of the Army of the United States or the Army of the Philippine Commonwealth for outstanding performance of duty in action on or after December 7, 1941.
- An appropriate streamer, emblem, or guidon band, of such form and design as may be determined by the Secretary of War, may be displayed by the organization, unit, detachment, or installation described above, to which such citation is issued.
- After any organization, unit, detachment, or installation of the Army of the United States or the Army of the Philippine Commonwealth is so cited on two or more separate occasions for outstanding performance of duty in action occurring on or after December 7, 1941, a suitable device identifying such citations shall be issued to all officers and enlisted men who are assigned or attached as members of such organization, the device to become a part of the uniform of that organization; and any individual who was assigned or attached as member of such organization on one of the two or more occasions for which citations were issued as provided herein, shall be entitled to wear the individual device, as a part of the uniform, at all times and wherever serving.
The White House,
February 26, 1942.
[Exec. Order No. 9075, 7 FR 1587, 1942 WL 4058 (Pres.) ]
- Superseded by:
- Executive Order 9396, November 22, 1943
- See Related:
- Executive Order 10694, January 10, 1957
- Transfer Order 30 of the Secretary of Defense dated December 10, 1948 (13 FR 8163)