Flora of Kwangtung and Hongkong/Summary of desiderata
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Summary of desiderata.—From the foregoing pages may now be selected the principal work which remains to be undertaken to advance our knowledge of the flora.
- The examination of herbaria containing Chinese plants and the extraction and publication of new Kwangtung records.
- The exploration of the districts indicated on the map as unknown and the record of their flora and botanical features.
- The further investigation of the more accessible parts.
- The location of doubtful sites of old collections.
- The supply of habitats, colours of flowers and time of flowering, where missing,
- The compilation of a Flora dealing with the Mosses, Algae, Fungi and other classes of vegetation not dealt with in this volume.