Heroes Every Child Should Know
- Perseus, adapted from "The Heroes" by Charles Kingsley
- Hercules, by Kate Stephens
- Daniel, from Book of Daniel, Chapter vi, Verses 1 to 24
- David, from I. Book of Samuel, Chapter xvii
- St. George, adapted from "Martyrs and Saints of the First Twelve Centuries" by Mrs. E. Rundle Charles
- King Arthur, adapted from "Stories from Le Morte d'Arthur and the Mabinogion" by Beatrice Clay
- Sir Galahad, adapted from "Stories from Le Morte d'Arthur and the Mabinogion" by Beatrice Clay; followed by "Sir Galahad" by Alfred Tennyson
- Siegfried, adapted from "Heroes of Chivalry and Romance" by A.J. Church
- Roland, adapted from "Stories of Charlemagne and the Peers of France" by A.J. Church
- King Alfred, adapted from "Old English History" by E. A. Freeman
- The Cid, adapted from "Chronicle of the Cid" from the Spanish, by Robert Southey
- Robin Hood, adapted from "Book of Romance" edited by Andrew Lang; including a version of the popular ballad, "Robin Hood and the Butcher"
- Richard the Lion-Hearted, adapted from "The Crusaders" by A.J. Church
- Saint Louis, adapted from "The Crusaders" by A.J. Church
- William Tell. adapted from "Stories from History" by Agnes Strickland
- Robert Bruce, adapted from "Tales of a Grandfather from Scottish History" by Sir Walter Scott
- George Washington, adapted from "Recollections and Private Memoirs of Washington" by G. W. Parke Custis
- Robert E. Lee, from "Letters and Recollections of General Lee" by Captain Robert E. Lee
- Abraham Lincoln, adapted from "The True Story of Abraham Lincoln" by Elbridge S. Brooks
- Father Damien, adapted from "Father Damien: A Journey from Cashmere to His Home in Hawaii" by Edward Clifford
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1916, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.