In the Cage
- In the Cage (London: Duckworth, 1898)
- — First English edition
- In the Cage (Chicago and New York: Herbert S. Stone & Co., 1898)
- — First American edition
- "In the Cage" in The Novels and Tales of Henry James 11 (New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 190?): 367–507.
- — The "New York Edition", substantially edited by James and now generally regarded as the authoritative text.
- In the Cage (London: Martin Secker, 1919)
- — Part of the English edition of "The Uniform Tales of Henry James"; follows the "New York Edition" text
- "In the Cage" in What Maisie Knew, In the Cage, The Pupil (London: Macmillan & Co., 1922): 325–449.
- — Volume 16 of The Novels and Stories of Henry James, the first posthumous collection of James' works; uses the "New York Edition" text.