Omnibus Consolidated Rescissions and Appropriations Act of 1996
Jump to navigation Jump to search
104TH UNITED STATES CONGRESS
Making appropriations for fiscal year 1996 to make a further downpayment toward a balanced budget, and for other purposes.
- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
|This work is incomplete. If you'd like to help expand it, see the help pages and the style guide, or leave a comment on this work's talk page.|
Table of Contents 
|TITLE I||−||OMNIBUS APPROPRIATIONS|
|TITLE II||−||SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR THE FISCAL YEAR ENDING SEPTEMBER 30, 1996|
|TITLE III||−||RESCISSIONS AND OFFSETS|
- This Act may be cited as the ``Omnibus Consolidated Rescissions and Appropriations Act of 1996´´.
Approved April 26, 1996.
- Note: A Table of Contents was not provided in the original text; an abbreviated one has been added here strictly for navigational and editorial purposes. In the orginal text, Section 101. (found under <no designation>) came immediately after the Enacting Clause.
• The correction rectifying the ommision of a TITLE I heading (as now reflected by TITLE I−OMNIBUS APPROPRIATIONS above) was inserted by Public Law 104-140, subsection (a) on May 2, 1996.
• So in original, the 3 titles probably should have been designated DIVISION A, DIVISION B & DIVISION C instead.
- Note: The normal Enrollment requirements for this Act were waived by Public Law 104-129 on April 9, 1996.
• This was a typeset print of the original hand enrollment as signed by the President on April 26, 1996. The text was printed without corrections. Footnotes indicate missing or illegible text in the original whenever possible.
- HOUSE REPORTS:
- No. 104-537 (Comm. of Conference)
- SENATE REPORTS:
- No. 104-236 accompanying S. 1594 (Comm. on Appropriations)
- CONGRESSIONAL RECORD, Vol. 142 (1996):
- Mar. 7, considered and passed House.
- Mar. 11-15, 18, 19, considered and passed Senate, amended.
- Apr. 25, House and Senate agreed to conference report.
- WEEKLY COMPILATION OF PRESIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS, Vol. 32 (1996):
- Apr. 26, Presidential statement.
- HOUSE REPORTS: